Last Updated on
It’s week 3 of the $100 Room Challenge and I tackle my DIY sewing table this week.
My Diy Sewing Table
I started with this old manicure table.
It’s not so pretty close up, take a look at the top
I wasn’t sure what finish I was going to use on this, and then I remembered that I had half a can of General Finishes Java Gel Stain and satin topcoat left-over from my DIY dresser to buffet project. I LOVE this stuff. Yay- problem solved. And since I already had this in my paint cabinet- no additional costs were incurred.And a little shout-out to my fellow $100 Room Challenge Blogger Monica who first introduced me to this finish way back when! Thanks Monica!
I am going to post a detailed tutorial separately for this piece. But here are the steps:
And for the Grand Finale…
I painted out the inside walls of the drawer with the same silver paint that I used to do the stencilling. This paint has really great coverage, it only took one coat on bare wood! And then I replaced the yucky kelly green felt, with a nice bold pop of pink, to match the room décor. The cost of this piece of fabric was $1.50 – Win!
Diy Sewing Table
I also hung up my IKEA zebra pics, which I stole from the den downstairs. Which is another room that is on my radar for an update. Hmmmm, I sense a future post 🙂 I am still contemplating changing out the photos for something else, but I haven’t quite gotten there yet. I have a concept floating around my brain that I have almost worked out. I will post here if and when I do that.
Costs to Date
- Costs to date: $58 US
- Additional Costs this week:Pink Felt – $1.50 (1.05 US)
- Total Costs:$59
Next week I will be adding some storage, placing everything and doing final decorating touches. Please be sure to come back for the big reveal. And make sure you check below to see how everyone else is coming along with their rooms!!