Last Updated on
Note: This post contains affiliate links. You don’t pay more, I just may make a small commission. See here for my full disclosure page. Thanks for helping us pay the blog bills 🙂
Here is my favourite room from my Greg’s Condo project.
This is the Master bedroom reveal. And this was my starting point
See my original post here: Master Bedroom
Here is how I pulled this together
First thing: Clean and get rid of all of the junk. Greg had really not been living here for a few years, and when you don’t live somewhere, it never gets vaccuumed or dusted. So, the accumulation of dirt can become overwhelming.
Also, its tough to reno with lots of “stuff” in the way. Here are some options:
- Sell stuff online (help to pay for the new stuff!)
- Donate to charity
- Make a trip to the dump
- Or if you are like us, and live in a condo building with a big dumpster, you can use that
Another part of the cleaning was the carpets, which came up pretty well, considering that they probably hadn’t been cleaned in TEN YEARS. The bedroom carpets came up the best, as they had the least traffic. Plus if you need to cover up trouble areas, a throw rug is your friend.
A fresh coat of paint is always excellent bang for your buck. In this room I used my favourite colour, which I also used in the kitchen. Behr’s graceful grey. I used BEHR Frost for the trim. I love the smell of fresh paint.
There were two small end tables but they were not really the correct finish for the room.
I painted these using Rustoleum Metallic spray paint. When I did the first one, I sanded it down ,and then sprayed it. But because it is a very thin veneer over MDF, it wore down to the particle board very easily. So, for the second one I primed it with Zinsser Primer instead, and then spray painted it. This is the better method. Here is what they look like painted
The bedding I purchased online from Joss and Main/Wayfair. I love online shopping, especially when they ship for free. If you like this bedding you can find it HERE!
The curtains are from IKEA.
All of the following items came from Home Sense. I LOVE Home Sense!!!!!!
Here are the bits and pieces that I merely re-purposed:
- The shag rug I already owned
- End tables re-fnished
- The headboard I made myself. See here for my post on how to do this: DIY Diamond tufted headboard
Total is under $600! Wouldn’t you spend $600 for this space, I would, and I did! You should too!
If you want to check out the rest of the condo update, which I happen to think is pretty fabulous, click here to check it out.
And if you enjoyed this post please share! Thanks for stopping by!